Title/Object Name: The Forum
Creator: Edgar B. Smith
Date Original: Circa 1950
Physical Details: 9.25 x 7.25 inches
Description: View looking northwest at intersection of Water and English Streets. The Forum operated as Wichita’s primary auditorium, convention center, performance arena, and exposition hall from 1912 to 1965. The small sign on the front canopy indicates the Wichita Public Museum. The museum was housed on the second floor of the Forum from 1939 until it moved to a grand residential structure at 3751 East Douglas Avenue in 1956.
Keywords: Arts and entertainment, libraries and museums, public events, street scenes, transportation, Wichita, automobiles, architecture.
Subject: Wichita (Kan.) -- Pictorial works
Collection Name: Tihen
Date Digital: 2003